Updating to v2.0 (or later) from pre-v2.0
You can verify the currently installed version by connecting to the XRD over the cellular network, and navigating to the XRD Overflow within Mission Control. If you see that the install version is less than 2.0, please follow these instructions.
*Warning* Do not power down the UAV at any point during this process!
- Please be sure to have your UAV and Botlink XRD in an area with known good LTE cellular coverage and leave everything powered on for the duration of the update.
- Power on your UAV with an XRD onboard.
- Follow your normal connection steps to connect using the XRD and Botlink. Once everything connects, Botlink will detect if your version needs to be updated.
- After pressing the Update button, watch the LED for its status after the blinking stops. Once the update is installing, the LED will stay either ON or OFF.
- The LED will maintain a constant state (ON or OFF) and remain in that state for 15-25 minutes.
- After installation is complete, the LED will blink normally (rapidly when searching for signal and slowly once connected to the cell network).
- Once the XRD connects to the network (LED will be blinking slowly), power-cycle your UAV. The OS will boot up and you will be able to begin testing the system.
- Lastly, please make sure to completely erase the contents of your XRD’s microSD card. The previous file format will not work with the new method of image transfer.
Please let us know if you have any issues or questions during this process.
Post v2.0 updates using Memory Card
With the updates we’ve made in v2.0, future updates can be applied directly using a microSD card by following these steps. To verify that you are able to update via the SD card, please connect to the XRD over the cell network. In Mission control, access the XRD Overflow via the overflow menu to see the installed version. You can use the SD card updater with any version after 2.0.0.
- XRD - v2.1.3
- Released - 11/1/2016
- Major Changes
- Support for reporting multiple flights in the Android Application
Steps to update
- Ensure that the UAV has fully charged batteries before starting the update process. This update process should take roughly 20-30 minutes.
- Download the latest Botlink XRD .tar file to your computer. Leave it compressed.
- Insert the XRD’s microSD card into your computer.
- Your micoSD card should be FAT32 formatted. Do not format it in exFAT.
- The optimum microSD card Botlink suggests is the SanDisk Ultra PLUS UHS-1, no larger than 32GB.
- If cell modem is installed, the LED will blink normally (rapidly when searching for signal, slowly once connected to the cell network)
- If cell modem is not installed or activated, LED will be ON