Updating to v3.0.4 from v3.0.0 (or newer)
Before you update your XRD using these directions be sure to verify that you are running v3.0.0 or newer. To verify your version follow these steps;
- Power on your XRD with a micro SD card inserted
- Power down your XRD and remove the micro SD card
- View the contents of your micro SD card on a computer
- Open the file named XRD_OS_VERSION using Notepad
Once you've verified that you have an XRD that is running at least v3.0.0 you can follow these steps to upgrade.
- Sentera triggering more reliable
- Image tagging more reliable
- Flight_Complete call more reliable
- More efficient memory usage for GoPro
Steps to Update
1.Ensure that the UAV has fully charged batteries before starting the update process. This update should take about 5 minutes.
2. Download the latest XRD upgrade.tar.gz file to your computer. Leave it compressed.
3. Insert the XRD's microSD card into your computer
- Your microSD card should be FAT32 formatted. Most should be defaulted to this.
- The optimum microSD card Botlink suggests is the SanDisk Ultra PLUS UHS-1, no larger than 32GB
4. Remove all images/files from the XRD's microSD card.
5. Move the upgrade.tar.gz file to the XRD's microSD card and safely eject from your computer.
6. Insert card into XRD and power on UAV.
7. Once the update begins installing, the LED will stay either ON or OFF.
8. After installation is complete the LED will begin blinking in sequence. Each of these blinks means there is an issue with;
- One Blink - Connection to Autopilot
- Two Blinks - Connection to Sensor
- Three Blinks - Connection to Botlink App
- Four Blinks - Connection to Cellular Network
If everything is connected the LED will be solid on.
NOTE: After a successful upgrade you'll need to re-add your sensor. In the Android App tap the orange Plus button and select Camera. Follow the prompts to add your sensor. Verify that the connection was successful in Mission Control by seeing Connected in the Camera tab.